Deb D. [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I am a new pumper as of two months ago, but have been a
> diabetic for 20 years.  The main reason for changing the
> insertion site every three days is to avoid the build up of
> scar issue, which could later lead to problems with finding a
> site for insertion.

It's not really about future sites.  After three days (two for metal
needles), the wound made by the insertion begins to shrink back which breaks
the seal between the skin and the cannula allowing insulin to leak back out.
It's a matter of dose control.

As with most other things, there's quite a bit of individual variation . . .
YMMV in other words.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR