[IP] Getting used to the pump

Jan wrote:
<I can't get used to wearing the pump.  Does that take some time? I'm totally
motivated about the pump, but I can't get used to wearing it!  I've been
tossing and turning for five hours.  In desparation I finally got up and took
it off.  Has anyone else had trouble with this?  All the posts I've read so
far, everyone seems to have taken to the pump like a duck to water.  I hope I
haven't made a mistake.>
Jan, it takes awhile, trust me.  I had been taking shots for 35 years before
going on the pump.  The first night I was on it, I was frantically looking in
the fridge for my insulin bag -- then I just stopped and said, "Hey, I don't
have to do that anymore, it's right here in my pocket."
It was winter time when I started pumping and I had a flannel dorm shirt with
a buttoned breast pocket.  It didn't bother me at all.  But if I don't have
any pockets in my night clothes, I just put the pump under me, kind of under
my pillow.  I do wake up if it's tugging on me from moving around, but I just
pull it "free" and roll over.  I know some people on the list put their pump
in a baby sock and pin it to their night clothes.  Great idea, I just haven't
tried it yet.

Sally =o)
IDDM for 36.5 of my 38 years
Assimilated : 7 December 1999