Re: [IP] Pumping Insulin book

In a message dated 7/8/2001 6:18:52 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Wow!  Is everyone this nasty over here?  Between this post and the other
> from
>  someone named RoseLea (or something like it...), I am not positive that
> is the
>  best place for me to learn about pumping....  Bummer.

Not usually .  .  . but people have bad days some times and don't realize how
what they write might sound to someone on the receiving end .  .  .

I was sorta suprised to hear this comment from you, though, Mike  -- since I
know you can really dish it (as well as take it <g!>) . . .

I didn't know you'd joined the IP list -- I musta missed your intro post
somehow . . .

How's Nicky's pumpin' going?  I haven't seen much about it on the other list

The IP list is a great place and with so many experienced pumpers and parents
of pumpers, I'm sure you'll be able to learn a lot -- I sure have!

And, as far as the "Pumping Insulin" book -- while it may not be useful for
some people who don't really learn well from reading a book, it really is
packed full of information that can help just about anyone get the most out
of pumping.  And the third edition was a major expansion on the first two . .
. So it's definitely one to get and I personally recommend it to every pumper
and potential pumper I meet.  Actually, if I had my way, I think the pump
companies should give a copy of "Pumping Insulin" to every new pumper . . .

PumpMama to Katie (age 10, dx 11/00) and pumping since 6-1-01 with "Elvis"
her Animas R-1000A