Re: [IP] Re: Getting used to the pump

In a message dated 7/8/2001 2:27:08 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I'm up writing this
>  post because I can't get used to wearing the pump.  Does that take some
>   I'm totally motivated about the pump, but I can't get used to wearing it!

My experience as a saline pumper (I don't have type 1, my daughter does) was
that taking the pump off & putting it on made me notice the pump a lot more
in the beginning than once I just put it on and left it on . . Kinda like how
I don't even feel my wedding ring . . .

As far as sleeping goes, you'll have to experiement with what is comfortable
for you.  Some people like their pump close to them at night and either wear
it on a soft belt, clipped to their PJ top or bottoms, or in a PJ pocket.  My
daughter (who uses the long tubing) just tucks her pump under a corner of her
pillow.  For me, I found that just putting it in the bed next to me (between
shoulder & waist height ) was what was most comfortable.  One thing that
helps with being a successful pumper is the willingness to experiment -- so
just take this as your first experiment . . . You'll figure it out -- it just
might take a little time . . .

Good Luck!