Re: [IP] Single and scared !

email @ redacted writes:

> Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 00:04:21 -0600
> From: "Sharyn Brady" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Single and scared !
> I'm having a very difficult time with my self esteem right now.  I was
> married to a man for 34 years,and he left me 2 months ago. His reason was he
> couldn't live with the uncertainty of my hypoglcemic attacks anymore.  My
> control of my diabetes has been very precarious since I started keeping
> tight control of my blood sugars, and as a result I'm on my own now, hoping
> and praying that I can make it on my own, of course I've been using my
> physician more and working with a CDE, who is also a nutritionist, but I do
> not have any close friends in the Albuquerque area who I can relate to about
> this change in my Life.  I feel scared, I do not sleep at night, and have no
> motivation do do anything. Maybe I've been in denial about my disease for
> the last 43 years, and I desperately hope to find a  man who I can be
> interdependent with and still have support. Any suggestions out there?
> Sharyn
I am so sorry this has happened to you.
I don't believe he was being totally honest, if he loved you like he has said
he does for years that would not be a reason to leave, he sounds like a real
jerk to me.   He has issues, this is not your fault, maybe a mid-life crisis
thing for him?
You can do this on your own Sharyn, find a good circle of friends, a
suppport group and maybe some counseling to help you and your self-esteem
thru this.
Keep in contact with this group, we will try to be here for you.

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01