[IP] Outlook Express and viruses

Missi wrote:

<<My husband fixed everything and then got rid of
outlook express and is now using Eudora.  He said that should cut down our
chances of getting viruses as most are written for Microsoft.  >>

I still use Outlook Express.  I'm not going to trash a program that works
fine for me just because it has been the target of malicious virus writers.
If that was the case, I would also scrap Microsoft Word, since I have been
sent doc files (unknown by the sender) which also carried Macro viruses.
The best defense here is to have good virus checking software and KEEP IT
UPDATED ON A REGULAR BASIS.  Also scan your system periodically.