Gina wrote:

<<it did not open because it was a pif file probably which pretty much just
infects your computer.  better scan to be sure because there is a good
you are infected!  please remember that anything that looks like
xxxx.jpg.pif, the double extension, is probably a virus and they are trying
to trick you with the first extension to make it look like a picture.  >>

Double extensions including .vbs are also viruses.  Best thing is to have
updated virus software and use it religiously.  Also, when getting files
from my friends, I always save them to disk and scan them first (btw, when
you save the file to disk, the whole filename will become apparent,
sometimes these additional extensions are hidden in the email program).
McAfee won't even let me save the file to disk when it contains a virus.