Re: [IP] Single and scared !

Hello.   I am so sorry to read what you have been thru.  My daughter Katie
is six and we also live in the ALbuquerque area (and Brian was Katie's nurse
and a great one at that at UNM)...I always tell my hubby if there is no not
to be a cure for diabetes then the one thing I pray and wish for is that my
daughter will find a man who loves her enough to care about her illness and
not look at it as a burden...someone who will check her bg in the middle of
the night so she can get a decent;s night rest once in a while.  And while I
don't know the pain of the exact situation you are going thru...I can
sympathize with you because even being the parent of a child with diabetes
causes you to feel the lonliness the illness can often bring....friends
don't come around as much anymore...Katie can't go to her friends houses
anymore....people tell me I obsess about the illnes and it's all I can ever
talk about anymore....plus all my energy is spent working with the jdrf,
researching,etc...to make my daughters life better.  I pray for you that
things will start looking brighter again....if you ever need to talk to
someone please feel free to contact me....Take care,
Vicki mom to katie 6 dx'd 11/00