Re: [IP] Single and scared !

Though this is probably a terrifying and difficult
time for you, it can be a wonderful time of discovery
as well. I know the feeling of being alone with the
diabetes, and it is scary. But now, when you can, take
the time to learn a new skill or read a history book
or something to take your mind off of the scary times.
I think I read that BarnesandNoble.com has free online
classes. Focus on times that you feel healthy and
you're comfortable with your BG and sit down and just
breathe. That's what I have to do!
Also at home alone, I set my alarm almost every night
for 3 or 4 AM. It's better to go ahead and do it than
have anxiety about it!
And there are plenty of compassionate people out there
who wouldn't have that kind of response to a companion
with diabetes. I've felt unattractive or
"high-maintenance", and friends and past lovers tell
me they don't feel that way at all about me - they
aren't thinking about it 24-7 like we are.
I'm so sorry you are going through all this pain, but
I think you will find that you learn so much about
yourself, you'll look back on it as a hugely positive
chapter of your life. Catherine

--- Sharyn Brady <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I'm having a very difficult time with my self esteem
> right now.  I was
> married to a man for 34 years,and he left me 2
> months ago. His reason was he
> couldn't live with the uncertainty of my hypoglcemic
> attacks anymore

Do You Yahoo!?