[IP] Going on CBGM - do basals need to be 'correct'?

I have FINALLY gotten through to my CDE, after months of trying, and am
scheduled to get the Continuous Blood Glucose Monitor (CBGM) on Tuesday, July
10th.  However, my basals are sort of out of whack, I think, particularly
overnight/in the mornings (dawn phenomenon, etc.)  I haven't rerun basal rate
tests in a while.

Just wondering - will the CBGM be ineffective for me until I straighten the
basals out??

(I would call/email my CDE, but it takes, literally, weeks for a reply, and I
am scheduled for this in 2 days!!)

Julie  :)