Re: [IP] Protein Boluses

email @ redacted writes:

> Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I go out
> and order a large ham and cheese omlette, and this is all I eat for my
> meal.
>   Or I have a large steak.  How is this figured?  Do I take a square bolus
> for it over a period of time or do I adjust my basal rate later?

If i eat a lot of protein like that, I usually -- and YMMV -- but I usually
take the total number of protein grams and divide in half and then bolus over
say an hour or two depending on the fat content by using my carb ratio....
for example:  45 grams of protein / 2 = 23 (rounded)
if ratio is 1:15, bolus 1.5 over hour or two......