Re: [IP] Anyone taking a low-dose ACE to PREVENT kidney damage -- as opposed to

I do... I was put on Vasotec about 5 years ago and in some sort of
lazy/rebeliousness decided to stop taking them... I switched docs and had a
hard time getting them to re-prescribe them... I went from one doc to the
next (for other reasons too) and by the time I found a great guy at Penn who
put me back on Vasotec, I was showing tiny amounts of protein (like 4 - 5).
I consider what I'm on to be preventative and I've heard only positive things
from endocrinologists and researchers since then about its preventative use
unless for some other reason you shouldn't be on an ace inhibitor.