[IP] starting basel rates

Hi everyone,
Do any of you remember what your starting Basel rates where when you first
started pumping?  My endo's nurse called me and said 1.5 from 12 to 8 and 8
to 10, I said what about 11 to 12 she said he was gone and it was probably
the same.  Also I asked about bolus and she said he did not write nothing
down for that.  Is that something the CDE should configure for me?  I am
having a terrible time hooking up with her and getting her to return calls so
I can get started, I am ready to just try it myself, I know that is not wise
just really eager to get going.  Thanks for any info.