[IP] help! - a day at the water park

I need some input asap. Shannon (almost 11) was just invited to a
water park tomorrow with a friend (who is apparently going with
the youth group from her church.) She said she wasn't planning to
wear her pump (and I had concerns about that anyway - if she took
it off it could get lost or stolen, etc.) She'll be gone all day
- probably from 10:30am-7pm. My dilemma...what to do about
insulin? Should she just do shots of H all day and do lots of bgs
or should I give her a small dose of N in the morning (but that
will peak which I'm not real comfortable with)? Or should I just
insist she wear the pump? When she swims, etc, she tends to run
really low. I have no idea what to do and she can't go all day
with no insulin. And I can't go there with her (hubby is gone til
Mon. and I really don't want to dump all the other kids on
Courtney all day - not that I could with the baby anyway.) Any
suggestions?  Please respond privately to make sure I see it.:
mailto:email @ redacted

Take care, Kerri
NEW! http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos11.html - meet
Joseph Charles, born at home 3/22/01, 11 lbs, 21.5"
"May the warm winds of Heaven blow softly on your home, and the
Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your moccasins make
happy tracks in many snows, and may the rainbow always touch your
shoulder." - Cherokee Blessing