Re: [IP] Diabetes and pregnancy books

As a type 1 who gave birth 11 years ago (where does the time go), my biggest piece of advice is to make sure your baby is watched CLOSELY immediately after birth.  We almost lost Brittany due to her sugars crashing after the umbilical cord was cut.  (My Mother-In-Law actually noticed the coolness to touch and her lethargy.....I guess Moms in law do come in handy....sometimes. :-0 )IVs in skull and belly button brought things back to where they should be.  I wasn't in very good control when I became pregnant. My A1C was at a 11. (yikes)   Britt is perfectly normal.  She is extremely intelligent and a sweetheart.

Best of luck to all the future Mommies out there.  You're gonna be great.