Re: [IP] Diabetes and pregnancy books

Hi Heather,

A few years ago I bought the Diabetes &Pregnancy:What
to expect book.  I agree that it has no useful
information.  Most of the info in the book is stuff
that we've heard over and over, tight bg control,
multiple tests, etc.  I would not recommend buying it.
 I am currently 7 months pregnant and am still
searching for a good book on diabetes and pregnancy.
I have not found one yet.  Maybe since I'm on
maternity leave now, I should write a book about being
pregnant with type 1 diabetes.  In my search I have
found more on gestational diabetes than pregnancy with
type 1.  The American Diabetes Association's bookstore
online does have a pregnancy book that is geared
towards health professionals.  I can't remember how
much I paid for it (no more than $30).  It's called
Medical Management of Pregnancy Complicated by
Diabetes.  Most of the book has to do with gestational
diabetes, but it does have a section on care of the
infant after birth.  It's a little better than the
other book.  If you happen to find a reasonably priced
good book, let us know.  Good luck searching.

t1 dxd 4/78, pumping 1/01

Do You Yahoo!?