[IP] perimenopause

    Any women out there like me going through perimenopause and having
unstable insulin needs and BG's despite best efforts "fine-tuning" your
pump? I've been pumping for 4 months now and am finding that I can't get
basals that work consistently overnight -- some nights I'll be 40 at 3 AM
and others (luckily, rarely) over 300, even though I'm doing exactly the
same thing. I suspect that this is caused by hormonal activities I can't
predict and thus can't do anything about until after the fact. I was hoping
the pump would correct my overnight highs, but sometimes it does and
sometimes it doesn't. (I don't believe it's malfunctioning.) Would
appreciate any suggestions. Thanks -- Mary Richman