[IP] insurance co-payments

I have BC BS Federal Employee insurance with a $250 deductible.   Being new to
the pump I've just gotten my info on how much I owe for supplies.

I'm told I have to pay 10% for the sites, reservoirs, etc. after first meeting
my deductible.  When I questioned why I don't have to just pay my $20 payment
like I do when I order insulin, I was told these are DME, durable medical
equipment and treated different than medicines.

I was afraid to ask them why I only pay the $20 for my 3 month supply of test
strips (didn't want to have to pay 10% of that cost !!).

I know each insurance is different, but do most people pay 10% for their pump
supplies (excluding the insulin)??