[IP] A-35 Alarm

In light of all the plastic-xonservation (not to
mention saving money), I thought I would try to reuse
my reservoir when I changed my site this morning. I
emptied out the 10 or so units in the reservoir and
put in the insulin as usual, etc.
I was fine half the day until I got an A-35 alarm.
When I called minimed, they had me do the lead scrwe
test and clean it, check the site, prime, couldn't
find a problem. I told him I had reused the reservoir
and he said that the lubrication in it will wear off
if reused (and can cause the alarm). I know he was
trouble-shooting and has to recommend that I always
change the reservoir, but I can't decide if it's hooey
or not. I probably should have re-cycled the syringe
when I refilled it, but I've read posts by people who
don't seem to do this. Any suggestions?
I won't be deterred from reducing my medical waste!

Do You Yahoo!?