Re: [IP] problem with minimed billing

Have you spoken with a manager at MM?

You will want to contact your insurance co and see if they were ever billed
for these items. Don't take anyone's word for it until you have documented
proof that items were billed and/or denied. Also, is MM going to send you an
itemized bill of the charges that you supposedly owe? If not I would be
highly suspicious of them. I have dealt with MM in the past and have not had
this trouble.

Another thing you want to make sure of is that you write everything down and
get the name and number of everyone you talk to. That way you always have a
recourse of action if you start hearing conflicting stories. I would hope
that MM would want to resolve this with you in a fair manner. I agree, why
weren't you told that you had a balance? I would have that questions
answered first by MM and then check and see if these are covered items by
your insurance. Who knows, maybe they were billed incorrectly, maybe the
paperwork was done wrong.

I used to work for a diabetes supply distributor and there are tons of ways
suppliers and insurance carriers can goof things up and then the only person
left hurting is the consumer. Make sure you get everything in writing,
demand it. You have a right to know what you are being charged for, why, and
why items are covered, not covered or denied. It will take a lot of
paperwork on your part but it will be well worth it if your supplies are

Good luck and keep us updated!