Re: [IP] Bonnie & insulin

Bonnie Richardson from Alabama wrote:

<<It is curious to me, however, that the insulin manufacturers put
such long expiration dates on bottle of insulin.   If they are really no
good after 30 days, why does the expiration date say a year away?>>

I was told by Lilly that if the insulin was in the refrigerator unused it
will last until the expiration date.  If it's out of the refrigerator and/or
used, you should not use it past 30 days.  YMMV.