Re: [IP] losing wieght!

From: email @ redacted
I lost about 30 pounds in the first couple months of pumping, because I
wasn't constantly eating to handle the NPH and ultralente peaks and not
feeding the multiple lows each day that I would get.  It rounded out in a
couple of months, but I still have about 40 lbs to lose and haven't been able
to get any further.

aka Mouse

Luke, my 6 yr. old pumper, lost weight after pump start too - in a good way.
He had been in the 95% percentile for weight but only 50%ile for height for the
past few years.  After going on the pump for 3 months, he dropped a few pounds
and grew a couple of inches taller - now he's at 75%ile for weight/60%ile for
height.  We knew it wasn't increased exercise because he's buzzes around at the
same times every day, thanks in part to living in a warm place.  He dropped his
morning snack, and eats less for breakfast, lunch, and evening snack, so he's
no longer feeding his NPH.  His endo said that several of the other kids who
went on pumps this spring had the same experience - minimal weight loss that
was beneficial but were still growing and healthy.
Shelly V, mom to Luke, 6-1/2, pumping 3/5/01 MM508+QuickSets

Do You Yahoo!?