Re: [IP] Virus/Diabetes Link?

I have no scientific information to give,  just personal experience.  I
became a Type 1 diabetic almost 6 years ago after a viral infection.  My endo
told me that in that particular season she had several patients come down
with this virus and end up as a diabetic as a result.  I think that there
probably is some predisposition in those of us who this happens to because
from what I gathered from her each of us has family members who are or were
diabetic.  The other thing that I hear from my husband is that most patients
he knows of that have this happen to them become Type 2 which he says makes
him think the predisposition of family history plays a real part (he commands
an Army health clinic) and these people would likely become diabetic at some
time in their life anyway.