[IP] Quiting the Pump!!!!!

In a message dated 7/3/2001 3:57:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

                                                 I am at wits end!!  I can no
longer "control" my diabetes.  All was fine for
the first year of my pump but all hell broke loose after I had my son 2
years ago.  And things are just getting worse.  No matter what I do I can
NOT keep my sugars down.  For 3 weeks now my sugars are not
running any lower than 225.  I have tried changing sites, insulin, resivior
nothing is working.  I have seemed to exaust all of the places in my
stomach.  So I tried switching to my behind - all was well for the first
week or so then again out of no where my sugars were up.  When I
pulled out the sites all was fine there were no bubbles in the tubing and
no kinks in the canula.

For a while now my doctors have suspected that I was becoming insulin
resistant.  (I have been on the pump for 3 1/2 years and diabetic type 1 for
7 1/2)  I am gaining significant amounts of weight because of the lg doses of
insulin that I am having to take (100 units of Humilog) a day.

Other than a sinus drip that I never get rid of ( I am from S. Louisiana) and
a cyst on my ovary which I seem to never be able to get rid of also all is

I am seriously considering giving up my pump for a while and going back to
shots.  Maybe changing the type of insulin that I am recieving may help?  Any
suggestion or comments would help so much in this decision.  P.S  I have had
my thyriod and numerous other test and all is well there also.

Could you please respond directly to me at email @ redacted