[IP] losing wieght!

I am new to pumping.. about 3 weeks.  Before i went on the pump i was taking
4 needles and up a day with 150 units of insulin a day or more.  Since i
have been on the pump i am down to less than that 50 units a day. I was told
that the more insulin you take the more wieght you will gain.  I once was
120 pounds, but gained alot due to insulin absorption problem.  Now that i
am taking much less insulin will i lose the wieght?  Has anyone had this
problem before going on the pump and did you lose the weight?  and how long
did it take?  My endo has gone on vacation for 1 month so i am unable to ask
him.  Any tips on losing weight would also be great..

Thanks Tina