In a message dated 7/3/01 6:15:25 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I was wondering if anyone else's carb ratios were so far out of whack from
what the book recommends as a starting point. My average TDD (total daily
insulin dose) is 25 units of Humalog. According to the book, my carb bolus
ratio should be approx. 20 grams of carbs to 1 unit of Humalog. Wow! My
breakfast ratio is 8:1, lunch =15:1 and dinner is 16:1.  >>

I have mostly needed 1:10 and 1:15 at about that TDD for the past few years.
The difference in carb ratios seems to be disappearing as I go through
menopause, along with my need for increased basal as I get up. (Sure hope it
will stay constant one way or another eventually).

Linda Z