Re: [IP] can this POSSIBLY be right?

 i thought there was a mistake, so i called the hospital directly ,
> and asked for the results from my a1c. they said 6.2.
> so what i need to know is, am i just getting a "raw" number? i mean, do
> doctor's have to translate to maniuplate the result from the blood work,
> is this really the "6.2" of "non-diabetic" levels?

I was at my dr's the other day and was asking him about the a1c test.  He
told me that they say it is a 3 month average but infact averages only the
past 2-3 weeks. YMMV!  Just what my dr told me.  Check your log book and see
how your sugars were 3 weeks before the test.  If they look pretty good then
i would say the a1c test only does 3 weeks