Re: [IP] Speaking of swimming...

I started with my Minimed 508 in mid- April .  I use the Quicksets and find
they start peeling off after two days or less.  I had a couple of  experiences
with the site coming unstuck .  Sylvia, Josh's mom, recommended Mastisol in
several posts so I gave it a try.  It has made a huge difference for me.   Now
I apply the Mastisol with a Q-tip before inserting.  I can leave in my sites
for at least three days with no problem even if I'm swimming a lot.  Of course
YMMV, but I really wanted to thank Sylvia for the advice on this.

Beth

>>> email @ redacted 07/01/01 09:43AM >>>
Before I took the dive into the pool with my pump, I was also noticing (from
the 2 days before) that my site wasn't sticking very well.  I've never
really had a problem with the sites staying put, but it seems like I may the
more time I spend in the water.  I know there has been lots of discussion
about adhesive products, but I never payed much attention.  I'm planning on
calling MiniMed to request some samples, and would appreciate it if someone
could let me know what works best.

Thanks so much...  Heather