Re: [IP] Birth control pills and bg going up?

Sara --

Yes, I've seen the same as you: for those three weeks of the Pill
(period week is placebos), I need one basal profile.  For period
week, I use another.

This is what works for me: all basals are 0.1 unit lower during period
week (they vary between 0.3 units and 0.5 units per hour, where on
other weeks they are 0.4 to 0.6 units per hour) -- yes, it doesn't
seem like this small tweak should make a difference, but it really

I take my last 'real' Pill on Saturday night, switch to the period
basal profile around Monday morning, get my period on Wednesday
morning, and take my first 'real' Pill and switch back to the normal
basal profile on Sunday night.

--Karen Lipinsky
D since '93, pump since '95, MM508