[IP] protesting waste resources

Andy said SNIP>>>>....Pumpers, ultimately, don't foot the bills
and, above all, are reluctant to raise ANY issue, much less one
concerning expensive infusion sets, with their insurance companies.

I change reservoirs monthly, catheters weekly, and cannulas twice
a week. I just throw away the tubing, shrug my shoulders, and
watch the bills get paid. (My "insurance company"--the French
state--is paying over $30 **each** to a distributor for 42" Sof-set
Ultimate QR infusion sets!)<<<<SNIP

Actually, Andy I am not a bit reluctant, and Todd and I have
discussed, and informally agreed go to MM one more time, then
send the next batch to our insurance agency head and maybe to a
consumer watchdog.....

The insurance companies are justifed in asking us to pay more,
both employee and employer, when we have such wastes.  Isn't
there someone watching out for these kind of wastes?   Besides
us.  It really hurts me to see plastic usage, energy usage in
manufacturing, packaging, etc., totally garbaged because MM
won't sell cannulas and tubing separately.

Merck and MM already package them separately for the combo
packs.  MM packaging has to decide whether to sell 2-1, 3-1, 5-1
or totally separated tubing and cannula. That is what Mr. Neals told
me .   I want to purchase them totally separated.  I use about 3-4
canullas to each piece of tubing and reservoir.   My sites go bad
long before the tubing and reservoir is used up.  So 20-30
packages of tubing go in the garbage, or in my Protest drawer to
send back to MM with a letter requesting their help with this
wasteful problem.   I mean I can only use so much of the old tubing
for tying up tomatoes and glads, hanging wind chimes, traveling
clothes lines, tying up the zippers together on the duffle bag when I
travel ( I defy anyone to break those tubings in a hurry). It is  just

How many of us have written requesting separate sales?  I know 2
only.  But I may have forgotten a few more.