[IP] Chinese (originally Subway Salads)

At 11:40 AM 7/31/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>....I eat Subway salads, Seafood and Crab variety, about 1x
>week, and even with 2 pks crackers, my bolus is abour 5.    My bg never goes
>high, in fact I have to watch it to see that it doesn't go too low.   But,
>Chinese, I always have to nearly double a regular bolus....like bolus 10
>units....just for chinese and some big bagels. (Don't eat Pizza)  Course
>testing often is the key after onone of these meals.     Isn't that weird???
>This is a prime example of why we all say YMMV = your mileage may vary!!!
>Bonnie Richardson

Bonnie, when I go to my favorite Chinese Restaurant (Sun's Buffet in
Hoover, AL) and get my food back to the table I bolus 5 units as I start
eating. When I am leaving I bolus another 5 units and that seems to cover
the meal quite well, even the Chinese doughnut at the end. Just a slight
variation on your ten units as I need the additional time on the insulin
action. Yes, YMMV.