[IP] smelly pumps and insulin

Is anyone bothered as much as I am by that pungent smell that is emitted by
insulin...?  It's always been a peculiar smell, but since being on the pump, it
seems that that weird scent is almost always evident and has become more and more
bothersome... My pump definitely has picked up the smell, and i was wondering if
anyone had any ideas on how to resolve this problem (which incidentally others
have commented on... they being unaware of that medical/insulin smell)?  I have
tried washing it off, as well as "covering it up" with colognes and whatnot :)  if
anyone has any special trix, i'd love to hear 'em!  btw, i hope this wasn't too
superficial a post :)  take care all!  ben