[IP] Are diabetics assumed to be mentally incompetent by medical workers?

LINDA Z. WROTE:  I, certainly, have had hypoglycemic events when my mental
status was severely altered

I agree with you Linda.  I too have had hypo episodes when I was not sure
where I was or what to do next.  I think it does alter my mental status if I
don't catch it dropping in time.  In a severe hypo I can't concentrate...I
actually have to think of how to feed myself.
I guess ALTERED MENTAL STATUS does sound a little harsh but at least the
EMT's are being trained on how to deal with it.
Melissa and pumpy

Melissa Howell
ECN Coordinator
(252) 235-6425