Re: [IP] Thyroid question

Hi Sheila,
 I was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid a year after I became diabetic.
My sugars were always low and no one could explain it.  The doctors just
thought I wasn't diabetic anymore(yeah right).  I was on meds for 1 year
until I was in acceptable range.  Two years ago (10 yrs later) I was
diagnosed with under active thyroid.  I went to my reg doctor and he tested
said it was fine.  One month later I went to my endocrinologist and he tested
it and it was low.  My symptoms were increased weight gain,  dry amlost
peeling skin, very tired, sugars elevated.  You may want to get it checked
again.  I'm glad I did.  I've been on levethroid ever since and have lost 15
lbs. Sugars still stink though.