[IP] Re: Carbohydrate Factor?

Kelly,  Thanks for writing!  I've been a diabetic for 35 years and have a
master's degree in nutrition, but am obviously out of the loop (probably
since I haven't been working since I became disabled).  I have NEVER heard
of the carbohydrate factor even though I saw a CDE nutritionist about a
month ago!  She asked if I were counting carbs and I said yes and that was
the end of the discussion!  I am always amazed at what endos, CDE's and any
other info source assumes we already know! It underscores the need for
continually educating ourselves and others, and gives memore than a shred of
humilility for 'the masses' who think they know about all there is to know
about diabetes when in fact they don't know much at all.  I would have sworn
there weren't any new tricks folks could teach me about diabetic nutrition,
and here I am with carbohydrate free egg on my face.  Thanks.

Dianne (email me at email @ redacted as I take the digest and often
miss things.)

Kelly wrote in her original response to my question on the carbohydrate