Re: [IP] Are diabetics assumed to be mentally incompetent by medical workers?

With all this Dr bashing I have a positive comment to make.  My dr, whom is
an internist, (trying to find an endo) always lets me make decisions
regarding medicine, basil changes or anything like that.  He always tells me
what he recommends then he says "what od you think?'  He always asks me if I
am comfortable with any new decisions and always tells me "you know better
than I do kid, you live with it everyday"  He has even called me and asked
me questions about D and the pump for a new patient of his.
Don't get me wrong, I know not all docs are like this.  I have had one dr.
who told me that I didn't know what an air bubble in my tubing looked like.
I have had some that thought I was 'mentally incompetent'  I just wanted to
post to the list that there are a few good ones left.
Melissa and pumpy