RE: [IP] Are diabetics assumed to be mentally incompetent by medical workers?

Curtis, I think you are absolutely right. Doctors know a lot about diabetes
in general but not about your diabetes in particular unless they spend time
listening to you and learning. Conversely, the only diabetes I know about is
my own. I know how to control it pretty darn well. I wouldn't know how to
control yours or anyone elses though.