[IP] Re: not sure

Recently Redia asked:

>Question--when you have a pump and are pumping
>insulin, does that mean you can sleep later some mornings or do you
>still need to take insulin on a regular scheduled time?What about meals
>can they be whenever you want to eat or on a schedule.

[This is just in case 53 other members don't answer before I do  :-)

This is one of many benefits to pumping. If you have your basals adjusted
properly, you can sleep in with no problems. And you can eat whenever you
want. With good basal rates, you can go all day (so they tell me: I'm not
silly enough to actually _try_ it) without eating with level blood sugars.
In theory: but if I were going to do that, I certainly would test a little
more frequently than usual! But we've all delayed (or advanced) meals, and
just bolused whenever we ate. Freedom is pumping!

Keith Johnson
Fleischmann Planetarium, Reno NV
email @ redacted
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."