[IP] Re: carbo factor (by gram)

> 2. Multiply the food's weight in grams by its carbohydrate factor.

what book are you using to get the carbo factor?  I need to get it!  perfect
for figuring out home made recipes.

I have books that tell me how many carbos are in say, 1/2 cup of rice, so I
use that and adjust for 3/4 of a cup.  But, It's a bit tiresome to figure
out the carbos for assorted weights of cooked Basmati rice and Ranch
dressing  and what all when you are hungry and everyone else is ready to eat
and I may want to take second helpings.

If I knew  a single gram of carbo for a food in my head, I could fearlessly
nibble and count and bolus and not use my calculator.
Thanks in advance
Kathie Koppa (there are two Kathies)