Re: [IP] Newbie question about bagels and spaghetti

In a message dated 7/28/00 1:38:06 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Spaghetti has a low glycemic index but for me

is very hard to estimate how much I'm eating. >>

I have for many years done quite well with pasta by measuring (only a problem
with the really odd shapes), but I have discovered recently that when I cook
the dried (at least San Giorgio and Safeway brands) pasta to a slightly more
done than true al dente state, rinse with hot water and shake dry, and then
weigh on my Soehnle computer scale, it works fine.  The number I code in is
009, which happens to be the listed number for Cheese Cake with flaky crust.
One fewer dish to wash, and I always get a smile out of it (just another
oddity in the day of a diabetic <vbg>)

This is a bit more pasta per carb than I find if I figure it out from the
package dry weight.  Closer to the 15g/one-half cup that I used on the
exchange diet those 40-some years. (affected my absorption, I guess)

Linda Z