Re: [IP] EXPLAINING MY POST: THANKS TO ALL IPers

In a message dated 7/28/00 11:36:00 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< The docs couldn't explain to me why my body slows down on the insulin

absorption when I have a serious infection, it just does from some odd

reason.  >>

Melissa, I can sympathize.  When I have had kidney infections I think
something similar went on with me -- as opposed to the flu, which I handled
very well this year by doubling my basals.  I wonder if any of the Type 2
medications might be useful in this kind of situation, whether it is really
some kind of insulin insensitivity issue we are dealing with?  Anyone?

Linda Z