[IP] Re: pumps for sale

I am thinking of the ones who, lacking the means; money, insurance,
willpower, education or whatever, have given up.

People who aren't in control of their diabetes:

I was specifically visualizing folks who,

1.  Gave up (due to killer hypos) on mixing 2 insulins and multiple
2.  Inject identical doses of nph twice daily.
3.  Test no more than once daily and usually less.
4.  Never use the test results to make any corrections.
5.  Seldom have their a1c tested.
6   Have dismissed pursuing tight control because it would cost too much or
they don't know how.
7.  Figure their diabetes is under control.

How much will their giving up on their dz cost them and us?

Their diabetes is the reason our insurance costs so much, no?

I am not referring to most pumpers, although pumpers can get similar results
by not testing, or by not correcting based on test results.  Advice:  Test
often, and use the results to make corrections.

The part about Sam's response to Humalog is worrisome.  That's about how
long it takes me to react to Regular, and why for me using R in the pump
(once, after pharmacies had closed) was so frustrating and unrewarding.