Re: [IP] Re: prednisolone

Trish: I hate that you are going thru all this for cataract surgery.  I have
been a certified Ophth. Tech for 15 yrs.  The Econopred (steroid) will not
raise you BG.  I have used it many times with eye problems with no
consequences.  We used it on all our pts. following surgery and never had one
diabetic have an increase in Bgs.
You will actually be in surgery probably 15 mins if you are having the no
stitch, no patch, no anth. type surgery.  This is the most up to date and the
risk factors with this surgery are very low. 96/100 have good, quick results.
The op kit which you received has these items in it which may or may not be
needed. I am sure the doctor will explain your instructions to you or
probably his asst. will.
My Ophth is thrilled to have a pt on the pump as these Diabetics no longer
have to be scheduled as the 1st pt.  They can control their BG's very well.
etc. etc.
They heal better with their improved control.  There is just no reason at all
to remove your pump!  The nurse (?) was obviously not educated regarding the
pump.  Hopefully your doctor will know that the pump can and should stay put.
You may email me privately if you like.
I promise you that with the new type of surgery most have an excellent
result. Please let me know how you do and please don't get stressed out about
it.  It will not be a big deal.  Let me know if I can help.  Jackie P