     off the meds and retested 3 months latter, 7.
     Now before I test, I make sure that I don't do any intense exercise
     starting 2 days before and it's no where near that time of the month.
     ate: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:53:09 EDT
     From: email @ redacted
     Subject: [IP] microalbumin in the urine
     This morning I've been reading the latest posts regarding microalbumin
     with a lot of interest.  My son Eric is 14.  He has had diabetes since
     he was 20 months old.  His control has always been pretty good.  The
     highest AlC he ever had was 8.3.  Prepump AlCs were usually in the mid
     7's.  Since he's been on the pump they've been 7.3, 7.0, 6.7, 7.0
     which I think is pretty good for a kid in puberty.
     The past 2 endo visits, he has shown microalbumin in his urine.  Last
     night we did a 12 hour urine collection to be tested.  I'm freaking
     out.  The doctor says that she thinks it's probably a false positive
     and the 12 hour test will be ok.  She says it is extremely rare to see
     kidney problems in a kid this young that has been in good control.
     I'm praying she's right.
     Has anyone on the list had positive random tests and negative longer
     (12 or 24 hour) tests?
     Pat McComas