Re: [IP] For thoses wanting Transplant study info

Interested in your post.  I just mailed in my long form (that came in my
packet) to NIH yesterday, after having passed the telephone screening (had to
go get an order for a C-Peptide test to do that; the nurse said to have the
doctor look through my records, it must be in there somewhere.  But I was
diagnosed in 1955 and I doubt that any doctor since has ever questioned that
I have Type 1.)  How much more screening was there after that?  I was not in
the original pool, it opened again because they had eliminated too many of
the original, evidently.

Are you in the DC area?  If you can, please come to my house in Arlington for
the Capital Pumpers Group meeting next Sunday, August 6, at 2 PM.  It is a
group started by some of us on the I-P list last year.  Would love to meet
you and talk about the idea of transplants and protocols and such.  Family is
welcome (we have a very friendly dog for the kids to play with).

Anyway, I would love to get any updates.  Have you been in contact with Lori
Ekrich in S. DAk. who has been contacted by NIH and is considering it?

Linda Zottoli
email @ redacted
(703) 533-0265