Re: [IP] For thoses wanting Transplant study info

   Added to the caveat about future pregnancies, someone at the
Diabetesstation chat last night that my daughter was moderating commented
that she'd received the packet of  islet transplant candidates' info &
realized she'd be ineligible because she was (and I quote) "too old, too fat
and her A1C was too low!" Guess they need to rule out as many extenuating
circumstances as possible to keep the resulting data "untainted". My
understanding is that the 10 centers will each select 4 patients to replicate
what was done in Edmonton, but that they will still be doing other islet
transplants which are NOT part of the JDF/NIH co-sponsored extension of the
"Edmonton protocol". If anyone cares to "read more about it", check out the
archives at diabetesstation, specifically this one when Dr. Paul Robertson
"spoke". <A
Station Archive</A>

Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump mom)