[IP] microalbumin in the urine

This morning I've been reading the latest posts regarding microalbumin with a lot of interest.  My son Eric is 14.  He has had diabetes since he was 20 months old.  His control has always been pretty good.  The highest AlC he ever had was 8.3.  Prepump AlCs were usually in the mid 7's.  Since he's been on the pump they've been 7.3, 7.0, 6.7, 7.0 which I think is pretty good for a kid in puberty.

The past 2 endo visits, he has shown microalbumin in his urine.  Last night we did a 12 hour urine collection to be tested.  I'm freaking out.  The doctor says that she thinks it's probably a false positive and the 12 hour test will be ok.  She says it is extremely rare to see kidney problems in a kid this young that has been in good control.  I'm praying she's right.

Has anyone on the list had positive random tests and negative longer (12 or 24 hour) tests?

Pat McComas