[IP] kidney problems

<Last month my dr informed me that I had micro (??) something in my urine.
Meaning, protein.>

No advice but I have a question for list as I have microalbumin (?). Have to
be tested a couple times a year (a 24 hr. collection). My last number was
184.7 down from 338 when first detected.  I have no idea what that number
means, but dr. said that was much improved.

Question is: Was on zestril and have not taken it consistently over the past
2-3 years because of pregnancy. Now planning another so I have been off
zestril for about a year. How long can I be off zestril (any ACE inhibitor)
before causing probs. My husband is having some health problems he refuses to
address and I'm wondering if I should just go back on the zestril and forget
it for now. Really disappointed because I want more children (I'm 33).

Thanks for letting me vent and any advice about those numbers and zestril
would be helpful.

Beth H.
mom of 20 mo. old toddler - gosh am I tired.