Re: [IP] Re: pump-for-sale issues

I got mine second hand seven years ago...Simply because I'm on medic-aid and
SSI, I did not warrent good diabetes care but was teaching the residents at
that darn clinic everything about pumping.
   I have a 4.0 GPA and would not take the 70/30 route. I volunteered and
taught many a diabetes class, but you know what? If a door keeps getting
slammed in your face over and over, You just don't care anymore about some
ambiguous law..I did finally get a doctor to back me up in my quest and if a
motivated patient wants to do pump instead of 6-8 mini shots a day, Fine.
   I fought long and hard for this, studied went to the meetings of the pump
group and read Pumping Insulin 'til I was blue in the face and all that was
blocking me was "You're on Medi-Cal...Won't do it..."
Yet they'd pay $40,000.00 a year for Hemodialysis???
   Now seven years later, I'm totally Legal, but I can't fault someone who
wants to give it a go.
   Better to investigate why we as a "Superpower" country can't aid our
people in good health care which forces them to go the back door route in
the first place. Seems even the most motivated folks are simply ignored.
Pommy Mommy.
Jenny S.