[IP] Kidney Problems

The Diabetes Portal is great site for information on
kidney disease. The creator of the site Deb
Butterfield  experienced kidney disease herself and
has written a book Show Down With Diabetes. I don't
have kidney disease, but do have retinopathy and found
it to be very informative and empowering. Other wards,
the book isn't a totally depressing read.

I wish you the best.

Andrea Seitz

>Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:19:44 EDT
>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] Kidney Problems
>    Last month my dr informed me that I had micro
>something in my urine.
>Meaning, protein. He put me on accupril. I returned a

>month later and no
>proteins. So, I'm to keep taking accupril.
>    Does anyone have advise on medications? What
>how long I've got
>before I'm on dialysis? What's the normal time frame
>of deterioration? And
>what happens then? How long can you go on dialysis?
>this point, I feel
>like I've got a few years before life is hell. I'm
>What's my chances of
>making it to 60?
>    Katie (email @ redacted)
>P.S. Hello to any of the old timers here. Sarah, you
>still around? Got your
>ducks in a row? Who else? Jim from Houston. And of
>course, Michael.

Do You Yahoo!?